Ntouba Back, DeMbare Miss R2 Million
IT’S sad news for Cameroonian striker Christian Joel Epoupa Ntouba whose intended move to South African ABSA Premiership defending champions Bidvest Wits hit a snag after the Dynamos gunman sustained an injury 20 minutes into his trial session.
Epoupa fell victim to a crude tackle on the ankle and sustained an injury which according to doctors could sideline him for almost a month.
The Cameroonian immediately returned to Zimbabwe and was received by his manager Gilbert Sengwe at the Robert Mugabe International Airport on Thursday.
“This is a sad chapter for the player,” Sengwe said.
The 24-year-old Epoupa had been tipped to impress Wits coach Gavin Hunt following a brilliant debut season with DeMbare which saw him making it onto the 2017 Castle Lager Soccer Stars calendar.
The development could be a huge blow for Dynamos who had targeted to use money from the Cameroonian’s sale to cover some of their debts which include outstanding signing on fees and bonuses.
DeMbare have placed a R2 million price tag on Ntouba.
Ntouba has been linked with big clubs that include Supa Diski giants Kaizer Chiefs, Ajax Cape Town and Polokwane City.
His manager also says there are enquiries from Germany and Belgium.
“We are still receiving offers but then I am not sure if we can risk him to go for trials again in this current window,” said Ntouba’s manager.